Thursday, December 3, 2009

Have I made a big mistake in order to protect my little sister?

My sister is 15 and I am 17.



Lately, in these past couple months, she has been going on myspace a lot.



Now she's developing crushes on people online, kids that live in new york and michigan.



And they are developing crushes on her. One guy from new york asked her out and it turned out to be this huge ordeal. She came to me for help and we talked about it.



She said she liked him, but didn't want to internet date and she didn't want to hurt his feelings.



Eventually she told him she just couldn't because online relationships will not work.



Well I am just worried because this same guy plus another guy are talking to her a lot lately.



Saying "love ya" sending hearts and hugs and talking a lot lot lot.



I keep talking to my sister about the dangers and problems with this but she just says "But I can't hurt their feelings"



so she's been talking to both of them a ton and it really looks like both of them really like her.



Well today I got really mad and fed up.



I read the



Have I made a big mistake in order to protect my little sister?

You are a good and loving sister. You did exactly the right thing. I would not recommend Myspace for grown adults, much less a girl aged 15. Thank you for caring enough to protect your sister at this stage of the game -- before she was stalked or raped or emotionally destroyed. If Myspace had existed when I was growing up, I would have done the exact same thing for my little sister. Your action showed love, courage and maturity. Your sister should be happy to have someone who cares for her as you do. If she continues in the behavior, please have a parent or guardian intervene. Even if your sister is angry with you for doing so, you could save her from the above crimes being perpetrated against her, and she will eventually get over it. It's hard to stay angry with your sister for too long.



Have I made a big mistake in order to protect my little sister?

You did right thing.



but ur sister was also not right as she was talking to two girls



internet relation are just for timepass /fun for most of ppl



Have I made a big mistake in order to protect my little sister?

u are rite but she is not a kid now she understands wats gud for her ..and u said u have told her many times about side effects of online friendship and all..so that thing must be on her mind. dun worry about her..let her do wat she wants but advice her side by side



Have I made a big mistake in order to protect my little sister?

I think you did ok, even though she may be ticked at you for awhile. It may be time to tell your parents whats going on, because the next time she may not tell you about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dedicated server